From the start of Spring Term Two 2017 our Special Educational Needs Co-ordinator (SENCO) is Mrs Kirk.
Please feel free to contact Mrs Kirk if you have any questions or concerns relating to your child's educational need.
Derbyshire Local Offer
What is the 'Derbyshire Local Offer'?
The Local Offer includes information on:
- schools and colleges (specialist and mainstream)
- childcare and education for the early years (ages 0 − 5)
- transport to and from education including early years
- health services and support
- support for families
- preparing for adulthood (including housing, training and apprenticeships)
- things to do and places to go
- information and advice.
You can use the link below to the Local Offer website and the searches on this site to find the services you need and find out where you can get further support and advice.
Our Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) philosophy
- We see all children as unique; our curriculum promotes the development of the whole child as confident, imaginative and independent learners who are able to face the future with resilience creativity and enthusiasm.
- We encourage the spiritual and moral development of each person, as well as their intellectual and physical growth. We respect each child in our school for who they are, and treat everyone with fairness and honesty
- We value the importance of each person in our community, and promote co-operation, understanding and harmony
- We aim to enable each pupil to achieve their full potential ensuring we provide equal opportunities for all the children in our school
- We value our environment, and teach respect for our world, and the importance of caring for it, now and into the future.
- We are committed to narrowing the attainment gap between SEND and non-SEND pupils. This can be through a variety of identified appropriate intervention programmes, based on individual learning needs.
- Every pupil is important to us and is recognised as an individual with particular needs.