Below are a list of some examples that we embed into every day life at Fairmeadows:
Mutual respect and tolerance : treating others as you want to be treated
- Staff create an ethos of inclusion and tolerance where views, faiths, cultures and races are valued.
- Children are engaged with the wider community.
- Children learn about the similarities and differences between themselves and others and among families, faiths, communities, cultures and traditions and share and discuss practices, celebrations and experiences.
- Staff encourage and explain the importance of tolerant behaviours such as sharing and respecting other’s opinions.
- Staff promote diverse attitudes and challenge stereotypes, for example, sharing stories that reflect and value the diversity of children’s experiences and providing resources and activities that challenge gender, cultural and racial stereotyping.