Promoting and Celebrating Good Attendance and Punctuality
At Fairmeadows we understand the impact good attendance and punctuality has on our children’s learning and we believe in rewarding good attendance and punctuality to engage and motivate our children. We have many initiatives to support and celebrate attendance and punctuality so that it remains a high profile in school and with our families.
Some of the ways in which we promote and celebrate good attendance and punctuality:
- Key celebration assembly weekly to award the class with the best attendance a trophy and certificate.
- At the end of the year, the class with the best attendance for the Term wins a prize.
- At the end of the year, every child who has achieved 100% attendance is awarded a 100% medal. Their name is also put into a prize draw to win a special prize such as a family cinema trip, a scooter, etc
- Individual Class attendance is shared on the half termly school newsletter.
- For those children who require support on an individual basis, a bespoke reward system is in place.
- We run an 'Every Day Counts’ competition at key times throughout the year, any child who achieves 100% attendance during the ‘Everyday Counts’ period wins a 100% badge or pencil.